It’s time to take out your camera and get out there! Look4it Media is launching its Point of View Photo Competition, an initiative by Eonphotography that was first introduced by Look4it Knysna. The competition kicked off in August 2013 and those interested have until Monday, 30 September 2013 to submit their entries.
There will be a new theme every month and the current theme will be in the spirit of Spring “Spring Colours – Allow nature’s palette to inspire you when you click away to an array of bright colours. This can be anything colourfull that you would associate with the blossoming season that is Spring”. Show off your talent and win great prizes, sponsored by Café Z at Conrad Pezula, Kodak Knysna, Eonphotography, Look4it Media and Body Essence.
Monthly Prizes are:
- Café Z, restaurant voucher for a memorable dining experience for two
- A3 unmounted printed canvas from Kodak Knysna
- Pamper Voucher by Body Essence for a relaxing beauty experience
The best of the best will get to compete for the annual grand prize which includes a 2-night stay B&B at the luxurious 5-star Conrad Pezula to the value of R 7500.00, A couples/family/fashion photo shoot in Knysna by Eonphotography and a biography article of the winner, published on Look4it Knysna and Look4it George. Remember that all photos must be your own work and with the theme in mind.
Send your entries now to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit by: The last day of each month.
Winner announced on: The 7th of each month.
Start snapping! Send your entry with your name, telephone number, address, caption and location of the photo to email@example.com – Entry is free and you may enter up to 3 photos. Photographs may be in Colour or Black and White.
About our Sponsors:
Enjoy a casual dining option at Conrad Pezula in our relaxed and stylish bistro, Café Z. Located on the lower level of the hotel, this funky venue has been designed to reflect the natural, organic flavors of the menu; the eclectic décor is warm and inviting, with bright jewel-like colors, on-trend fabrics, comfortable seating and ambient lighting.
Executive Chef Geoffrey Murray says Café Z is all about delicious, freshly prepared, beautifully presented food, served in a relaxed environment. The concept was inspired by the success of Geoffrey’s Farm to the Table menus which he launched at Zachary’s in 2010.
At Café Z, our menus are constantly evolving to reflect seasonal quality and availability. The food is simple and wholesome – prepared from the fresh produce grown in the resort’s vegetable and herb garden, and sourced from local producers, ensuring a mouth watering array of dishes at consistently excellent value.
Starters are priced from R50, mains from R75 and dessert dishes from R50.
A select wine list includes wines by the glass, carafes and bottle and the full award-winning Zachary’s wine list is available on request.
Cafe Z is open 7 days a week for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and in between for light meals and refreshments. Free WiFi is available to guests. Vist Conrad Pezula’s Website here
Kodak Express Digital Solutions offers you innovative options from shooting and printing to creating and displaying. When it comes to photos, trust the experts to offer you exceptional ideas, products and services.
We stock a large range of professional and compact cameras as well as camera accessories.
- Manfrotto Tripods and accessories.
- Lowepro Bags
- Photo Book gifting
- Henzo albums and frames
Visit us in the Knysna Mall, Shop Z10 or contact us on 044-382 2860 or via email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Eon Coetzee discovered photography at the age of 17, and from that moment he saw it as a vehicle to understand and appreciate the world around him. After completing his photographic studies locally and abroad in the United States of America, he spent many years traveling and discovering with his equipment close by, never to miss out on the beauty surrounding him.He is currently taking Knysna by storm, by capturing more than moments via Eonphotography and Chapter One Photography. For Eon, photography is about capturing a point in time through the purest lens, with honesty and passion. Eon’s photographic style is contemporary and real, and the essence of this is encapsulated in “pure vision”. Visit Eon Photography’s website here
Be treated and pampered with true luxury at Body Essence. Conveniently located in Woodmill Lane, this relaxation station is set to ensure complete serenity. Pamper yourself and your loved ones with a wide variety of treatments and gift vouchers are also available.
Rules & Regulations:
• Eligibility: Above 18 years of age (participants under 18 to have written permission from parents / guardians)
• Entry Fee: Free
• Who can participate?
Amateur Photographers can participate in the contest. Photographs taken in the physical boundaries of the Western Cape only will be able to participate.
NO professional photographers may participate.
Amateur Photographs will be judged according to:
o Relevance to the theme
o Photographic excellence
o Rarity of events
1. As per weekly theme
Up to 3 photos per theme will be accepted. Please do not send any supporting portfolios.
Every entry must be sent latest on Wednesdays, midday; no entry will be accepted after this timeline.
• A participant may send only up to three entries under one category
• Photographs may be in Colour or Black and White
• Please send in name, address, image details like caption, location, categories. Please do not imprint any of the details in the photograph.
• The above mentioned details must be submitted separately, must be true and accurate.
• Each photograph must be submitted online and in digital format. Only online submissions are accepted and any printed files or couriered submissions will not be accepted.
• Minor colour correction and cropping is allowed. Major treatments to the photograph must be avoided.
• Any major changes in the photography will lead to the picture ineligible for the contest.
• Any images that show joining of multiple images or having elements of various images is not accepted. These photographs will be ineligible for the contest on discretion of the committee.
• Photographs must be originally taken by contestant and must not constitute any infringement or fraud. In that case the entry of the contestant would be rejected without any clarification or notice to the participants.
• The photograph in its entirety must be a single work of the sender and by submitting a photograph the sender confirms that the work is original and belongs solely to the entrant and no other person or institute.
• The photograph must not contain any provocative, objectionable or inappropriate content.
• The Jury’s decision will be binding to all contestants. Jury’s decisions would be final and they do not owe any clarifications to any participants or any others for any of their decisions.
• The entries submitted by contestant will be the property of the organizers and may be used by the organizers before, during or after the conference promotional and display purposes. However, credit shall be given to the contestant for all such use.
• Photograph specifications:
o Formats for submission – JPEG, TIFF (Any one)
o Not more than 2 MB in size
• What to enter:
o Originality and innovation are the focal point of the Competition.
o Images relevant to the weekly theme
• What not to enter:
o Any individual, animal or bird, captive or hurt, exploited for profit
o Any provocative or objectionable pictures showcasing brutality or obscene content must be avoided.
The artist will have full copyright of his/her own photographs. However, the favourite images will feature on the web page of Look4it Media.
All entrants agree to grant permission to use submitted work for promotional purposes only in any of their electronic media, printed materials, or advertising. The photographer will be given credit if and when their work is used in the future